Saturday, July 2, 2011

Book Signing!

Hey Lovelies!!
Well today was the book signing in Manasquan! I am one of those people when they don't know what is going on, and being in a new situation gets really nervous. There is the very easy going sarcastic side, then there is the jittery on edge side, very annoying, but hey we are who we are! So yeah I was a little on edge, not really sure what to expect. Well I walked in, introduced myself to the two sweet women who own Booktowne. I've seen them before, but I introduced myself to them and things were off! Sorry I'm a little distracted, my kitty is being well behaved and sweet, he's usually well...if you have a cat you understand (he's between 15-20lbs, he's a ragdoll).

I still have the sign in my room (it's below!). My family (aunts, my 9 year old cousin, grammy and grandpa, my parents, and my sister) came by! They were pretty excited, both my Aunts were excited to read, my one was pretty excited to start reading it. She's going on vacation for a week with my 3 cousins (9, 4, and 2). My 9 year old cousin Alice might read it after her. Wasn't my inital targeted audience, but she's like me loves to read, and devours books. It was funny she started her summer reading (Diary of a Whimpy Kid) while she was waiting right before she left. My Aunt really loved End of the Line she that is one of the reasons she could not wait to start reading Family Ties. A few other of my friends, and people in my neighborhood came out to see me in addition to getting a copy!

One of my favorite parts about the book signing, probably more then I sold out of copies of books, was this little girl with her grandmother who came by. They were locals too, I didn't know them, but we were talking. The little girl wants to become an author herself one day, she wants to do her own pictures too. I told her she was lucky, because I could not draw for the life of me! We talked a little, the little girl was a little shy, so the grandmother did a little more of the talking. She bought a copy and I signed it, I really hope she likes it. For all I know I just signed a future author her book! I love touching stories like that, I really was excited to talk about writing a little with her! I'm still smiling about that!

Thank you for all of those who came, were there in spirit, and those who gave kind words! Hope to do another some time! :) Now, here are some pictures, I'm usually not one who jumps for pictures, but enjoy!
~Ottilie



My Sign!




This is me, and my friend Mel! I've known her since 5th grade and she stayed with me the whole 2 hours with me I seriously appericated it! I was never known to be a hugger, or a dress wear-er the irony of this picture. She turned me into a semi huge-er, and the dress was cute :)



My mom is the one with the purse, and my Grammy is next to her. There is Mel and Alex, Alex read that chapter of Pirates for me in the fall, with Ryan. The two of them are a very amusing couple.




My sister is the one in the bathing suit as some people walk by checking out the book, and the cookie and brownies Mel brought :)


The picture below has my friend Kaitlin that I've known since early elemetry school in it plus a couple more customers :)

11 comments:

  1. Looks like a successful signing! Much congrats to you and hope this is just the first step to even more success... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you it was a lot of fun! Thank you, so do I! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw! You look so great in that dress! So happy you got to have so much fun (and get your books out there) Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha thanks! I got the dress from kholes! hehe thank you, I really had fun and hope it helps the book a little too. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really nice OT. I'm so happy for you. Wishing you more signings in the nearest future :)

    P.S: I love you for getting my book :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hehe thanks Kelvin! I hope there's more signings in the future! You considering doing one? Haha it's no problem! I was curious to read it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing the pictures. Looks like you had fun! :)

    Rainy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats!such a perfect day for book signing I'm touched with the little girl-grandma story much success and awesomeness to come ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks you too! I really had fun. The weather was gorgous! Ah I know the grandma-granddaughter were seriously amazing! Thank you :)
    ~Ottilie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for checking out my blog and please do not be afraid to comment!