Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Character Corner

Hey! So on Twitter and Facebook I've been mentioning that I had a small little surprise coming up!! I thought it would be fun to get to know the main characters a little bit before Family Ties comes out. I hope you all enjoy it more then it makes me sound crazy.


I sit in a chair crossing my legs looking at Abby and Cory. I push some hair behind my one of my ears as I feel Abby’s and Cory’s eyes on me.

Me: “So, you two must be pretty excited about the upcoming release of your story?”

Abby: “Well I was kidnapped, so book release verse being held against my will, you can tell it is hard to tell which sounds more like fun.”

Cory turns to look at his shorter friend. Blinks a couple of times before opening his mouth, he gives a small laugh.

Cory: “That is her way of saying yes we are excited to have others read what we went through that one summer. You said it yourself that your friends have not really read our tale.”

Abby grumbles: “Stupid Rachel and Nick hogging up the glory…”

I raise an eyebrow.

“Abby, darling I love you very much. I love your spunk and your humor will win people’s hearts!” I say quickly, I love Project US, others will meet Nick and Rachel hopefully sooner rather then later.

Abby smiles.

Abby: “Well I mean I am fabulous, I can’t speak though comparing Nick and Cory.”

Abby looks up at Cory, smirking and he slowly started to beam. Cory’s one hand dropped finding hers close to him, interlacing their fingers at their sides.

Me: “I know there are some things I’d like to say about the upcoming tale, do you guys have anything you’d like to say first?”

Abby slaps her free hand hard against Cory’s mouth.

Abby: “Don’t you say anything Cory, you’ll get over excited and spill too much!”

I shift around…wanting to spill myself…

Abby: “So, what can I say that will keep this fun for me, not give too much away, and still get people to want to read the story?”

Abby looked up at the ceiling, looks deep into thought.

Cory: “We are just like ever other teenager in New Jersey who thinks there town is no-wheresville. Abby and I here just get a waiter job in the town’s country club. This one decided to ruin my summer and get herself kidnapped-“

Abby pulls her hand out of Cory’s and slaps him upside the head.

Abby: “Yes I purposely planned on getting kidnapped and-“

Me waving my arms around in the air: “AHHHH shhhhh!!!!! Abby don’t spoil anything! Let the readers find out on the first of April!!!”

Abby crosses her arms over her chest while smiling: “Fine!”

Me: “Cory you have anything else to say?”

Cory shaking his head: “Nah I’ll wait till the reviews are in.”

Abby starts to open her mouth so I quickly speak.

Me: “Well that was a fun first Characters Corner!! This was an interview with Abby and Cory the main characters from Family Ties, be sure to check it out in April!!”

Family Ties
Abby was raised with not nursery rhythms by Mother Goose, Fairy Tales, or Asepses Fables, but narratives of her Great Grandmother, Emma. Emma has the dream life that got past down to the family as a story or so Abby thought. During one of the hottest summers in a long time in New Jersey Abby and her best friend Cory are working at a restaurant in town while their peers go to the beach to have fun. All the two do is work and Abby keeps thinking she rather be doing something bigger then her town and be out of the sight of her overprotective family. Abby learns after she is kidnapped that she has to be careful for what she wishes for, because it might come in a form she may not be expecting…

~Ottilie
P.S. HAPPY 2 YEARS END OF THE LINE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for checking out my blog and please do not be afraid to comment!